- Take photos/videos of every room, closet, cabinet and drawer in your home. Store photos online, if possible, or in your binder. Be sure to photograph big-ticket items individually.
- Contact your insurance provider to make sure you have enough coverage to replace your home and its contents.
Training - Train or Be Train
Practice evacuating from each room of your home. Do day and night drills, as well as rain and shine drills.
Supplies - Gather or Purchase
- Add three more days worth of water per person and pet to your kit.
- Add ready-to-eat foods to your supplies. Start with enough for three days worth for each household member.
- Add any necessary baby supplies.