- Decide how you will stay safe, warm and fed if you are stuck at home without any services.
- How will you heat your home?
- How will you cook?
- What sorts of supplies do you need to be successful?
Training - Train or Be Trained
- Learn to start a fire in several different ways.
- What would you use to boil water (for food, drinking or sanitation) if you didn't have a stove?
- What fuels (sticks, Vaseline and cotton balls, etc.) do you need on hand?
- If you have a propane barbeque, does everyone know how to replace the empty tank?
Supplies - Gather or Purchase
- Add three more days worth of water per person and pet to your kit and three days worth of dried foods to your food supply.
- Don't forget the benefits of sproutable beans and seeds - they are a good source of vitamins, are shelf-stable, sprout within three days and add great variety and flavor to your meals!