Staying healthy and clean won't happen by accident!
- How much additional water do you need for cleaning?
- What other cleaning supplies need to be gathered or purchased for an emergency?
- What types of sanitation and hygiene practices will you want during an emergency? Remember, if water is scarce, sanitizing wipes are a good option.
- Build and use a two-bucket toilet system and make a list of items you may want to add to your supplies.
Training - Train or Be Trained
- Practice crating your pets and loading them, their supplies, your family and supplies into your vehicle(s).
- Does it all fit? Could you do it in under five minutes? Could you do it in the dark?
- What needs to be tweaked in order for it to work in an actual emergency?
Supplies - Gather or Purchase
- Focus on sanitation and hygiene supplies.
- Decide which supplies you need.
- Don't forget feminine hygiene and incontinence supplies.
- Add the items for a two-bucket toilet system.
- Add water and food for three days - consider juices or powdered electrolyte mixes.